FOCUS 16 -- Today Intel Security announced an enhanced unified defense architecture designed to empower organizations to more effectively protect today's new digital economy of trust, time and money. No longer is our economy a physical one, but one of connected networks and systems where cybercriminals have put us on the defensive. This new second economy has put us in a world where more than money is at stake and where private and public sectors are fighting against time and working to justify trust. This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161102005200/en/
Chris Young, senior vice president and general manager of Intel Security Group, is among the keynote speakers at FOCUS 16. The event, which runs Nov. 1-3, 2016, in Las Vegas, brings together leading security experts from around the globe. (Photo: Intel)"Cybercriminals are forcing cybersecurity companies to redraft the rules of engagement for defending the civilized world; to effectively counteract them, we have to abandon old security playbooks to become more unpredictable and collaborative and make cyber defense a priority," said Chris Young, senior vice president and general manager of Intel Security Group. "Our strategic charter is simple, yet disruptive: integrate, automate and orchestrate the threat defense lifecycle to drive better security outcomes - ultimately reducing more risk, faster and with fewer resources." Built upon the industry's largest open ecosystem leveraging a proven integration program, Intel Security's unified defense architecture is enabled by four protection systems - Dynamic Endpoint, Pervasive Data Protection, Data Center and Cloud Defense, and Intelligent Security Operations - that are intelligently integrated to multiply effectiveness. Dynamic Endpoint - Isolated solutions can be effective against individual assaults, but there are too many examples where isolated solutions can't keep up with the wide range of sophisticated, emerging threats. Tactical security firefighting needs to be replaced with integrated, dynamic security defenses designed to outsmart attackers. Intel Security's Dynamic Endpoint solution uses advanced protection, shared intelligence and unified workflows on a single management console to unify endpoint protection, detection and correction to guard against today's most pervasive threats. This solution, delivered in McAfee® Endpoint Security 10.5 and McAfee® Active Response 2.0 software, includes capabilities like:
- Patient Zero Protection - Dynamic Application Containment improves protection against patient zero and ransomware threats and isolates the rest of the network from infection by monitoring and intercepting post-malicious process actions based on file reputation.
- Advanced, Persistent Threat Protection with Containment and Machine Learning - Intel Security is the first and only vendor to offer machine learning based malware classification using both static pre-execution analysis and dynamic post-execution analysis from the cloud that is designed to help detect zero-day malware in near real time, tracing behavior when deemed suspicious and remediating without relying on traditional signatures.
- Enhanced Protection with Integrated Web and Endpoint Protection - Only Intel Security seamlessly integrates a connection between its endpoint client and web gateway technology to enable quick-to-deploy, pervasive protection both on and off the corporate network that is designed to prevent zero-day malware from reaching the endpoint.
- Real-Time Advanced Threats Protection - McAfee Active Response 2.0 software uses the cloud to accelerate investigations by dynamically tracing process behavior and allowing administrators to access threat context in real time during an investigation. Quickly hunt and respond using single click correction and then automate responses to address future attacks.
- Increased Productivity with Centralized Data Protection - McAfee ® DLP for Mobile Email 10.0 software introduces unified policies and incident management for both endpoint and network DLP. It also offers end-user empowerment tools such as end-user manual classification, and end-user initiated DLP scanning and self-remediation. Not only do these capabilities help strengthen the corporate security culture, it also alleviates administrative burden.
- Ubiquitous Web Security - McAfee Web Gateway Cloud Service is designed to enable security teams to gain the same benefits of advanced threat protection as on-premises web gateway appliances but without the cost of hardware or the resources used to maintain it. With 3x the data centers of our previous web SaaS solution, better performance and improved uptime our new cloud service has never been more ready for the enterprise.
- Cloud Application Governance - McAfee Cloud Data Protection, available as a beta, features cloud access security broker (CASB)) technology, to provide an integrated view of risky endpoint and cloud events, including the ability to perform a real-time endpoint health check, ensuring only trusted devices are able to access sensitive information.
- Cloud Security Visibility - Cloud workload discovery provides deep visibility across public and private clouds for virtual machines, associated workloads, networks and storage, enabling organizations to establish a strong and consistent security posture.
- Threat Intelligence Sharing and Unification - Unification of perimeter and virtual machine protection thwarts advanced targeted attacks while ensuring efficient resource utilization within highly virtualized server environments to allow organizations to detect more threats, faster and with fewer resources. Once a threat has been detected, this knowledge is shared across the data center and corrective actions can be taken.
- Integration and Orchestration - Tight integration across McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments Anti-Virus (MOVE AV), McAfee Virtual Network Security Platform (vNSP), McAfee® Advanced Threat Defense, and McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange along with virtualization platforms like VMware NSX and OpenStack enable orchestration of security efficiently and more easily.
- Flexible Advanced Malware Detection - Expanded options include a new cloud-based machine learning-driven malware analysis service, McAfee Cloud Threat Detection, as well as a virtual McAfee Advanced Threat Defense appliance that makes the most of an improved user experience, more Windows OS coverage, and a significant throughput rate increase.
- Improved Visibility and Investigation - McAfee Enterprise Security Manager introduces a new HTML 5-based interface with an intuitive, analyst-centric user experience and simpler, faster search results to expedite threat management and incident response.
- Expanded Strategy and Incident Response Services - New consulting, deployment, assessment and incident response services enable long-term maturation of an organization's approach to risk and threat management and improve ROI. Retainer and on-demand based managed security and emergency response augment in-house expertise.
For more information on all new products announced at FOCUS 2016, visit: http://www.mcafee.com/us/business-home.aspx.About Intel Security Intel Security, with its McAfee product line, is dedicated to making the digital world safer and more secure for everyone. Intel Security is a division of Intel. www.mcafee.com Intel Security technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation. Learn more at intelsecurity.com. No computer system can be absolutely secure. This document contains information on products, services and/or processes in development. All information provided here is subject to change without notice. Contact your Intel Security representative to obtain the latest forecast, schedule, specifications, and roadmaps.Note: Intel, the Intel logo, McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. Windows is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. © 2016 Intel Corporation