- Donate TrueBlue points to help those in need - Hurricane Matthew left a path of devastation across the Caribbean and the Southeast region, particularly in Haiti, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Cuba and the Florida coast. As residents continue to rebuild, JetBlue is helping support relief efforts. Consider donating to the American Red Cross, AmeriCares and Concern Worldwide. These organizations have response teams providing on the ground assistance in affected areas. JetBlue will contribute $100,000 to these relief efforts. Customers can donate TrueBlue loyalty points to AmeriCares and Concern Worldwide. JetBlue will match up to 500,000 TrueBlue points . Visit https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/charity for more information or to donate to relief efforts and a variety of other causes.
- Offset the emissions from your flight - JetBlue believes in communicating transparently about climate change. The airline is working through solutions to lessen its impact on the environment through a range of initiatives including purchasing renewable jet fuel. JetBlue has worked with the non-profit Carbonfund.org since 2008, allowing customers to offset part of the carbon footprint of their flights by making a donation to support CO 2 reduction projects. For more information on purchasing CO 2 offsets visit jetblue.com/green/offsetting.
- Encourage the next generation of aviators - The JetBlue Foundation is a company-sponsored private foundation and 501c3 non-profit organization. Its mission is to ignite interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs and place aviation top-of-mind as a career choice for students from traditionally underserved communities. Donate to STEM-focused initiatives including aviation-focused schools and programs that the JetBlue Foundation supports. Click here. for more information on the JetBlue Foundation.
JetBlue For Good, the airline's focus on volunteerism, service and social responsibility spreads its mission of good to customers and crewmembers alike by offering volunteer and charitable partnership opportunities. This initiative focuses on the areas that are most important to JetBlue's customers and crewmembers including:
- Community: Opportunities that have a positive impact on the areas where the airline's customers and crewmembers live. As New York's Hometown Airline ®, and in honor of 9/11 National Day of Service, JetBlue and KaBOOM! recently partnered on their 25 th playground build together to bring a safe play space to kids in need in Brooklyn, NY.
- Youth/Education: Nurturing the next wave of aviation professionals, customers and crewmembers by enhancing education. To date, JetBlue has donated $2.25 million worth of books to kids who need them most through its award-winning Soar With Reading initiative.
- The Environment: Bettering the communities that JetBlue serves by helping to create a cleaner earth for future generations. Over the past the eight years, JetBlue has partnered with CarbonFund.org to offset more than 1.5 billion pounds of greenhouse emissions.