- Please note that all financial data is consolidated and comprises that of Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S. (the "Company", or "Turkcell") and its subsidiaries and associates (together referred to as the "Group"), unless otherwise stated.
- As previously announced, starting from Q115, we now have three reporting segments:
- "Turkcell Turkey" which comprises all of our telecom related businesses in Turkey (as used in our previous releases, this term covered only mobile businesses). All non-financial data presented in this press release is unconsolidated and comprises Turkcell Turkey only figures, unless otherwise stated. The terms "we", "us", and "our" in this press release refer only to Turkcell Turkey, except in discussions of financial data, where such terms refer to the Group, and except where context otherwise requires.
- "Turkcell International" which comprises all of our telecom related businesses outside of Turkey.
- "Other subsidiaries" which is mainly comprised of our information and entertainment services, call center business revenues, financial services revenues and inter-business eliminations. Call centers were previously included in Turkcell Turkey but are, with effect from the fourth quarter of 2015, now included in "Other subsidiaries". We have made this change because we believe that our third party call center revenues are not telecom related. All figures presented in this document for prior periods have been restated to reflect this change.
- In this press release, a year-on-year comparison of our key indicators is provided and figures in parentheses following the operational and financial results for September 30, 2016 refer to the same item as at September 30, 2015. For further details, please refer to our consolidated financial statements and notes as at and for September 30, 2016, which can be accessed via our website in the investor relations section ( www.turkcell.com.tr).
- With effect from Q4 2015, our financial statements are presented in TRY only, the currency in which we recognize the majority of our revenues and expenses. We will no longer present financial statements in US$. This change allows us align our Turkish and US reporting.
- In the tables used in this press release totals may not foot due to rounding differences. The same applies for the calculations in the text.
- Year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter percentage comparisons appearing in this press release reflect mathematical calculation.
- All-time-high nine months revenue and EBITDA 1, both at the Turkcell Turkey and Turkcell Group level in line with our targets
- Turkcell Turkey revenues and EBITDA up 8.6% and 4.7%, respectively with an EBITDA margin of 31.9%
- Group revenues and EBITDA 1 up 8.6% and 5.4%, respectively with an EBITDA margin of 31.7%
- Group net income as per IFRS of TRY1,141 million (TRY1,484 million). Group proforma net income 2 up 4.8% to TRY1,822 million (TRY1,738 million)
- Full year guidance 3 maintained; Turkcell Turkey and Group revenue growth targeted at 8% - 10%, Group EBITDA margin targeted at 31% - 33% and Group capex over sales at ~25% 3
- Turkcell Turkey's revenues and EBITDA up 7.9% and 3.2%, respectively with an EBITDA margin of 33.4%; data and services&solutions revenues, comprising 60% of Turkcell Turkey revenues, up 76.5%
- Excluding the impact of emergency packages, Turkcell Turkey revenue growth would have been 9.7%. EBITDA would have grown by 8.9%, while the EBITDA margin would have been 34.7%.
- Group revenues and EBITDA 1 up 8.8% and 4.9%, respectively with an EBITDA margin of 33.3%
- Excluding the impact of emergency packages, our Group revenues would have risen by 10.4%. EBITDA would have grown by 10.1%, while the EBITDA margin would have been 34.4%.
- Group net income as per IFRS at TRY163 million (TRY630 million). Group proforma net income 2 up 4.2% to TRY705 million (TRY677 million)
- Turkcell International revenues at TRY222 million (TRY235 million) with an EBITDA margin of 27.2%
- Turkcell is the only company in Turkey to sustain 3 investment grade ratings from major rating agencies. Despite recent actions of these rating agencies on sovereign ratings, all of them have affirmed Turkcell's investment grade ratings on the back of our strong financial profile.
|TRY million||Q315||Q316||y/y %||9M15||9M16||y/y %|
|Proforma Net Income 2||676.8||704.9||4.2%||1,738.4||1,822.1||4.8%|