- Net income attributable to common stockholders of $20.0 million, or $0.18 per share.
- Net interest income of $15.5 million.
- Portfolio net interest margin of 282 basis points.
- Book value per common share of $6.34 at September 30, 2016, delivering an economic return of 3.1% for the quarter and 8.0% for the nine months ended September 30, 2016.
- Sold distressed residential mortgage loans with a carrying value of approximately $30.4 million for aggregate proceeds of approximately $37.1 million, which resulted in a net realized gain, before income taxes, of approximately $6.7 million.
- Funded $32.4 million of preferred equity investments in multi-family properties.
- Purchased approximately $75.7 million of Non-Agency RMBS backed by re-performing and non-performing loans bringing our total investment in Non-Agency RMBS to $175.9 million at September 30, 2016.
- Declared third quarter dividend of $0.24 per common share that was paid on October 28, 2016.
NEW YORK, Nov. 01, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (Nasdaq:NYMT) ("NYMT," the "Company," "we," "our" or "us") today reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2016. Summary of Third Quarter 2016: