- Net sales* of $4.507 billion for the trailing twelve-month period are up 8% year-over-year.
- Battlefield™ 1 total player base for the first week was nearly double that of Battlefield 4™, and it continues to grow.
- In the first week of FIFA 17, 20% more players were engaged in the game compared to the first week of FIFA 16 last year and nearly 2/3 of all FIFA 17 players have engaged in "The Journey" story mode.
- Net sales from FIFA, Madden NFL and Hockey Ultimate Team™ are collectively up 15% for the trailing twelve-months compared to last year.
- FIFA Mobile reached #1 on the App Store Free Games chart in 138 countries.
- Titanfall™ 2 has been rated 90 or above by more than 40 top outlets.
- For the quarter, net revenue was $898 million. Of the total net revenue 63%, or $566 million, was digital. Diluted loss per share of $(0.13) was above guidance of $(0.17).
- For the quarter, change in deferred net revenue was $200 million, of which $(80) million was digital.
- Net cash provided by operating activities for the quarter was $109 million. Trailing twelve month operating cash flow was $1.1 billion.
- EA repurchased 1.6 million shares in Q2 for $127 million.
|(in millions of $, except per share amounts)||Quarter Ended9/30/16||Quarter Ended9/30/15|
|Digital Net Revenue||$566||$502|
|Packaged Goods and Other Net Revenue||332||313|
|Total Net Revenue||$898||$815|
|Digital Change in Deferred Net Revenue||$(80||)||$(22||)|
|Packaged Goods and Other Change in Deferred Net Revenue||280||353|
|Change in Deferred Net Revenue||$200||$331|
|Diluted Loss Per Share||$(0.13||)||$(0.45||)|
|Operating Cash Flow||$109||$9|
|Three Months Ended Sep 30, 2016|
|GAAP-Based Financial Data|
|Statement of Operations||Acquisition- related expenses||Change in deferred net revenue (online- enabled games)||Stock-based compensation|
|Cost of revenue||401||(12||)||-||(1||)|
|Total operating expenses||546||(1||)||-||(47||)|
|Operating income (loss)||(49||)||13||200||48|
|Interest and other income (expense), net||(3||)||-||-||-|
|Income before provision for (benefit from) income taxes||(52||)||13||200||48|
|Provision for (benefit from) income taxes||(14||)||-||-||-|
|Net income (loss)||(38||)||13||200||48|
|Loss per share|
|Basic & Diluted||(0.13||)|
|Number of shares used in computation|
|Basic & Diluted||301|
|TTM Financial Highlights:|
|(in millions)||TTM Ended 9/30/16||TTM Ended 9/30/15|
|Digital Net Revenue||$2,539||$2,280|
|Packaged Goods and Other Net Revenue||2,008||2,049|
|Total Net Revenue||$4,547||$4,329|
|Digital Change in Deferred Net Revenue||$34||$27|
|Packaged Goods and Other Change in Deferred Net Revenue||(74||)||(193||)|
|Change in Deferred Net Revenue||$(40||)||$(166||)|
|Operating Cash Flow||$1,146||$818|
|Value of Shares Repurchased||$1,016||$450|
|Number of Shares Repurchased||15.2||8.3|