LoRaWAN network infrastructure gives maximum capacity, range and signal strength, while operating on low battery to ensure limited maintenance and operating expenses," said Val Jelinic, Program Manager for Semtech's Wireless and Sensing Product Group. "The robust feature set of LoRa is ideal for a large scale network rollout like Pervasive Nation, which will enable the adoption of IoT in Ireland so residents, businesses and municipalities can implement more efficient, automated processes for a variety of applications, such as campus and infrastructure management, asset tracking, traffic monitoring, and more.""The Pervasive Nation network combines LoRa's robust feature set with OrbiWise's flexible and cost-effective technology to enable IoT Research, innovation and education throughout Ireland," said Professor Linda Doyle, Director of CONNECT and Professor of Engineering and the Arts at Trinity College Dublin. "By using the standardized LoRaWAN protocol, and being part of the LoRa Alliance, we aim to provide this national resource to individual researchers, educational institutes or businesses in order to shape the IoT future." Key Features of LoRa RF Technology:
- Long Range: A single LoRa base station enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Low Cost: LoRa reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: LoRaWAN ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- To learn how LoRa enables IoT visit Semtech's LoRa/IoT site.
- View LoRa FAQs: www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/lora/LoRa-FAQs.pdf
- Learn more about Pervasive Nation: www.pervasivenation.ie
- Engage with the LoRa Community or contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech's e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
Contact: David GuerraSemtech Corporation(805) email@example.com