According to data reported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, consumers shopping for Obamacare-compliant plans outside of government exchanges may find more bronze and gold-level plans available, as well as more PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) and POS (Point of Service) plans to choose from 3.eHealth makes Obamacare easy for 2017 eHealth's consumer-focused plan comparison and enrollment website provides consumers with an easy way to find the individual and family health insurance plans best suited to their needs and budget, and to enroll in coverage online. In its efforts to continually improve the consumer experience, eHealth has made hundreds of website enhancements since the close of the 2016 open enrollment period. Online tools and resources available to consumers through eHealth include:
- Streamlined plan renewals for existing customers. Consumers who purchased their 2016 health insurance plan through eHealth can easily reshop for new plans if their 2016 health insurance plans are no longer available or will no longer meet their needs in 2017.
- A fully-functional, mobile-responsive enrollment experience. eHealth's website is fully mobile-responsive, allowing shoppers to review personalized health insurance quotes and enroll in the plan of their choice through a mobile device.
- The ability to find out which plans are accepted by specific doctors. Many consumers with preferred doctors and hospitals are wary of switching to plans that may require them to change medical providers. Based on network information provided from the insurance companies, eHealth allows consumers to search for plans accepted by specific primary care physicians or specialists.
- Comparison tools that make it easy to narrow down your choices. Consumers can save money on health insurance by shopping from a broad selection of plans and finding the best match for their needs. eHealth allows shoppers to make detailed comparisons of up to five plans at a time. It also allows them to sort their plan choices based on doctors-in-network, monthly premium, annual deductible, coinsurance, plan type, metal level, and now based on coverage of specific prescription drugs.
- Multiple channels for customer support. eHealth answers questions and helps consumers by telephone, email, and online chat using its staff of licensed insurance agents and knowledgeable representatives.
- eHealth's Customer Resource Center. Providing health insurance consumers with access to dozens of educational videos, articles on a broad variety of health insurance topics, and more, eHealth's Customer Resource Center is designed to help consumers better understand their options.
- Free health insurance shopping eBook. eHealth's free eBook "3 Steps to Understanding the Affordable Care Act" has been updated to help consumers understand the health reform law and how to buy individual or family health insurance for 2017.