Disabled Veterans' Perspective on Job Hunting:
- Sixty-five percent of respondents believe their service-connected disability has required them to change career paths.
- When it comes to their disability, 78 percent of the service members and veterans surveyed do not feel it impacts their value as an employee. Sixty-six percent agree their disability impacts their physical ability only.
- Of the respondents who indicated they have a disability, 66 percent say it is visibly apparent.
- Of employers who have hired disabled veterans, 81 percent believe their company is a positive and productive workplace. Seventy-four percent believe it has been a positive experience for the company.
- Seventy-three percent of employers surveyed say their company has confidential resources available to veterans if they need to seek help.
- Seventy-five percent of employers have confidential resources for managers to help their veteran employees.