- Tax Savings: users find on average $4,340 in potential tax savings per year. These deductions could cut their tax bill by 36 percent. In total, over $1.1 billion in potential deductions have been found using QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Mileage Deductions: users log an average of $7,393 in potential mileage deductions per year, and find on average 45 percent more potential deductions by logging miles. In total, users have logged over $125 million in potential mileage deductions.
- Home Office Deductions: users find an average of $819 in potential home office deductions each year. In total, users have found over $39 million in potential home office deductions.
The Next Phase of Empowering the Self-Employed MovementToday, Intuit outlined the next phase of serving this growing segment with global launches of the QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile app and new features that make it easier for self-employed people to manage their cash-flow.
- Getting Paid Faster: One of the best ways to boost cash-flow is to ensure money owed comes in on time and as expected. That's why Intuit has added web and mobile invoicing functionality so that users can easily create a professional invoice with a few clicks within the mobile app, and then immediately send it to a customer. The new feature includes SmartInvoice, which notifies users about what's happening with their invoices every step of the way, so that they know immediately when a customer views and pays an invoice.
- Tax Deductions at the Click of a Button: Thanks to a seamless integration with TurboTax Online, QuickBooks Self-Employed users in the U.S. can avoid tax-time surprises and maximize their deductions. QuickBooks Self-Employed auto-categorizes IRS Schedule C deductions so that users can file quarterly and year-end taxes in TurboTax with the click of a button.
- Activating Intuit's Accountant Network: Intuit is also delivering integrated QuickBooks Self-Employed and QuickBooks Online Accountant, dramatically streamlining the process for self-employed people to work with an accountant, bookkeeper or tax professional. Read more about the QuickBooks Online Account Integration here.
- Mobile-First Global Expansion: Self-Employed people around the world are on-the-go, and need to be able to keep tabs on their business at a moments' notice. That's why Intuit is building on the U.S. success by launching the QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile app in the UK and Australia, with other countries to follow soon. The full-featured app enables freelancers to create and send invoices, automatically track and log mileage, and keep a record of every receipt with a quick snap of the phone camera.