- Tmall Domestic: This approach helps companies that already have a legal entity in China get their brands up and running on Tmall.com. ModusLink handles all aspects of launching and maintaining an e-Commerce site for customers of any size and industry.
- Tmall Global: By working with ModusLink, companies can quickly and easily get set up on Tmall Global, an extension of Tmall.com that provides western merchants with a channel to sell authentic goods and enhance their brand identity in Mainland China. Tmall Global allows businesses which are not registered in China and that do not have a legal entity there to take advantage of the country's massive demand for foreign products.
China's annual " Singles' Day" - taking place on November 11 th each year as a day to celebrate being single - has become a national shopping day similar to Black Friday in the United States. Revenues have grown from around $100 million in 2009 to $9.3 billion in 2014 - and last year it surpassed Black Friday, as Alibaba itself sold some $14.3 billion of goods that day alone.The key features of ModusLink's China-focused e-Commerce solution include:
- Fast Market Entry - ModusLink offers companies one managed, end-to-end e-Commerce solution, setting them up to operate on Tmall. It includes the development and application of a flagship store, shop management, online marketing, campaign execution and content management on China's largest marketplace, with local payment processing through Alipay.
- Development of Your Own B2C Customer Base - Companies can utilize ModusLink's expertise to serve and sell directly to Chinese consumers, immediately being able to access China's 300 million plus online shoppers. ModusLink enables brands to sell to Chinese consumers without going through any resellers or distributors.
- Reduction of Logistic Complexity - The combination of ModusLink's integrated global supply chain, domestic fulfillment, order management, delivery and returns management solutions can help companies reduce the complexity of their logistics operations. ModusLink's solutions can easily be customized to client needs, growing and expanding as they do.
- Advantages of a Local Entity - ModusLink's agent tax/VAT (value-added tax) structures enable non-domicile companies to transact locally with their customers. ModusLink can be the merchant of record and importer of record for brands who want to sell directly to businesses or consumers.
- Strong, Localized Customer Service - In addition, ModusLink's local customer service capabilities help companies build a strong connection with their new Chinese customer base. The company's customer engagement and support services span several touch-points, including web, mobile, chat (Ali Wang Wang), phone, email and social media. In addition, Chinese consumers show a high propensity to engage with merchants prior to buying, meaning you need a wide-range of customer service options and availability. ModusLink supports pre and post sales inquiries for its customers from 9am until 10pm local time, in Simplified Chinese.