- NWSA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.1 million.
- NWSA has traded 2.1 million shares today.
- NWSA traded in a range 237.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.63.
- NWSA traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 221 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 221 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NWSA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NWSA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NWSA: News Corporation, a media and information services company, focuses on creating and distributing content to consumers and businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate News a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for News has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. News has a market cap of $7.4 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 2.09 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.53 days to cover. Shares are down 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates News as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NWSA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.24, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $251.00 million or 19.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.11%.
- 42.68% is the gross profit margin for NEWS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -7.87% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 747.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $23.00 million to -$149.00 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, NEWS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full News Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.