- SINO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.5 million.
- SINO has traded 252,652 shares today.
- SINO is trading at 18.46 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SINO is trading at a new high 31.86% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SINO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SINO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SINO: Sino-Global Shipping America, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, operates as a shipping agency, logistics, and ship management services company primarily in the People's Republic of China and the United States. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Sino-Global Shipping America a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Sino-Global Shipping America has been 102,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sino-Global Shipping America has a market cap of $9.9 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 0.8% with 0.02 days to cover. Shares are up 25.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sino-Global Shipping America as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA reported lower earnings of $0.12 versus $0.35 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Transportation Infrastructure industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 310.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.35 million to -$0.74 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Transportation Infrastructure industry and the overall market, SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The share price of SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA has not done very well: it is down 24.12% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- 48.38% is the gross profit margin for SINO-GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SINO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SINO's net profit margin of -62.86% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Sino-Global Shipping America Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.