- GEF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.8 million.
- GEF has traded 29.149300000000000210320649784989655017852783203125 options contracts today.
- GEF is making at least a new 3-day high.
- GEF has a PE ratio of 57.
- GEF is mentioned 0.87 times per day on StockTwits.
- GEF has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- GEF is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- GEF is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- GEF is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- GEF is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GEF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GEF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GEF: Greif, Inc. produces and sells industrial packaging products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. GEF has a PE ratio of 57. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Greif a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Greif has been 251,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Greif has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 2.3% with 9.66 days to cover. Shares are up 30.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Greif as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Containers & Packaging industry. The net income increased by 51.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.80 million to $31.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 151.19% to $83.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GREIF INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 38.32%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 29.19% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- GREIF INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GREIF INC reported lower earnings of $1.51 versus $1.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.30 versus $1.51).
- GEF, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Greif Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.