- NEE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $231.8 million.
- NEE traded 279,602 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:41 AM, representing 15.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NEE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NEE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NEE: NextEra Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electric energy in the United States and Canada. The company generates electricity from gas, oil, solar, coal, petroleum coke, nuclear, and wind sources. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. NEE has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate NextEra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for NextEra Energy has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NextEra Energy has a market cap of $58.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 23.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NextEra Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 43.47% is the gross profit margin for NEXTERA ENERGY INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.15% is above that of the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- NEXTERA ENERGY INC's earnings per share declined by 27.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEXTERA ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.07 versus $5.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.20 versus $6.07).
- NEE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $1,725.00 million or 1.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow NEXTERA ENERGY INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.94%.
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.