- ROCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.6 million.
- ROCK has traded 4,757 shares today.
- ROCK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROCK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROCK: Gibraltar Industries, Inc. manufactures and distributes building products in North America, Europe, and Asia. ROCK has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Gibraltar Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Gibraltar Industries has been 246,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Gibraltar has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are up 38.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gibraltar Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ROCK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.39, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 80.66% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ROCK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES INC has improved earnings per share by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.75 versus -$2.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.37 versus $0.75).
- You can view the full Gibraltar Industries Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.