- ETE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $103.8 million.
- ETE has traded 143,367 shares today.
- ETE is up 3% today.
- ETE was down 6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ETE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ETE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ETE: Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. provides diversified energy-related services in the Unites States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.8%. ETE has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Energy Transfer Equity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Energy Transfer Equity has been 13.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Energy Transfer Equity has a market cap of $17.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 5.1% with 6.91 days to cover. Shares are up 20.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Energy Transfer Equity as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 9.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $284.00 million to $312.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 71.30% to $985.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -49.98%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 24.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 20.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP is rather low; currently it is at 18.47%. Regardless of ETE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ETE's net profit margin of 4.06% compares favorably to the industry average.
- ETE's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 44.60%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- You can view the full Energy Transfer Equity Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.