- CPRT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.6 million.
- CPRT has traded 8,541 shares today.
- CPRT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CPRT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CPRT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CPRT: Copart, Inc. provides online auctions and vehicle remarketing services. CPRT has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Copart a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Copart has been 668,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Copart has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 5.4% with 13.26 days to cover. Shares are up 32.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Copart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CPRT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.98, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, CPRT has a quick ratio of 1.98, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, COPART INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 47.80% is the gross profit margin for COPART INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.31% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 45.45% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.18% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CPRT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full Copart Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.