- CSIQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.8 million.
- CSIQ has traded 3.0 million shares today.
- CSIQ traded in a range 212.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.15.
- CSIQ traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 17 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 17 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSIQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSIQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSIQ: Canadian Solar Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells solar wafers, cells, and solar power products primarily under the Canadian Solar brand name. The company operates through Module, Energy Development, and Electricity Generation segments. CSIQ has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Canadian Solar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Solar has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Solar has a market cap of $805.3 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.47 and a short float of 13.8% with 3.02 days to cover. Shares are down 51% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Canadian Solar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 14.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 16.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.58 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, CSIQ has a quick ratio of 0.59, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CANADIAN SOLAR INC is rather low; currently it is at 15.59%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.13% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Canadian Solar Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.