- MAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.6 million.
- MAC has traded 288,522 shares today.
- MAC traded in a range 601.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.80.
- MAC traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 3 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 3 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAC: The Macerich Company is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. MAC has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Macerich a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Macerich has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Macerich has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.91 days to cover. Shares are up 10.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Macerich as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 1610.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.61 million to $420.92 million.
- MACERICH CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MACERICH CO reported lower earnings of $3.10 versus $10.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.71 versus $3.10).
- MAC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MACERICH CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.56%. Regardless of MAC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MAC's net profit margin of 159.21% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Macerich Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.