- GPRE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.4 million.
- GPRE has traded 78,990 shares today.
- GPRE is trading at 3.08 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GPRE is trading at a new low 4.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPRE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPRE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPRE: Green Plains Inc. produces, markets, and distributes ethanol in the United States and internationally. The company operates through four segments: Ethanol Production; Agribusiness; Marketing and Distribution; and Partnership. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Green Plains a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Green Plains has been 726,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Green Plains has a market cap of $884.3 million and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 12% with 4.91 days to cover. Shares are down 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Green Plains as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 24.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- GPRE's debt-to-equity ratio of 1.00 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.17 is sturdy.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, GREEN PLAINS INC's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GREEN PLAINS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.12%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.22% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$81.92 million or 78.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Green Plains Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.