- FNV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.4 million.
- FNV has traded 1401.069999999999936335370875895023345947265625 options contracts today.
- FNV is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FNV has a PE ratio of 341.
- FNV is mentioned 1.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- FNV has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FNV is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FNV is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FNV is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FNV is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FNV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FNV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FNV: Franco-Nevada Corporation operates as a gold-focused royalty and stream company in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, and Africa. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. FNV has a PE ratio of 341. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Franco-Nevada a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Franco-Nevada has been 869,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Franco-Nevada has a market cap of $13.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 64.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Franco-Nevada as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 45.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FNV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 11.90, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- FRANCO-NEVADA CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FRANCO-NEVADA CORP reported lower earnings of $0.16 versus $0.70 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FRANCO-NEVADA CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Franco-Nevada Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.