- AVB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $155.1 million.
- AVB has traded 502.61200000000002319211489520967006683349609375 options contracts today.
- AVB is making at least a new 3-day high.
- AVB has a PE ratio of 31.
- AVB is mentioned 1.42 times per day on StockTwits.
- AVB has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- AVB is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- AVB is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- AVB is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- AVB is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVB: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. engages in the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership, and operation of multifamily communities in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. AVB has a PE ratio of 31. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate AvalonBay Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for AvalonBay Communities has been 814,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. AvalonBay has a market cap of $24.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 3.3% with 4.79 days to cover. Shares are down 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AvalonBay Communities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AVB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 43.20% is the gross profit margin for AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 37.29% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 14.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $172.33 million to $197.45 million.
- AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC has improved earnings per share by 11.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AVALONBAY COMMUNITIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.51 versus $4.92 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.1% in earnings ($5.12 versus $5.51).
- You can view the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.