- ESS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.5 million.
- ESS has traded 51,050 shares today.
- ESS traded in a range 216.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $7.64.
- ESS traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 13 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 13 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ESS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ESS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ESS: Essex Property Trust, Inc. operates as a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust in the United States. It engages in the ownership, operation, management, acquisition, development, and redevelopment of apartment communities, as well as commercial properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. ESS has a PE ratio of 63. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Essex Property a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Essex Property has been 412,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Essex Property has a market cap of $14.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 3.2% with 4.13 days to cover. Shares are down 7.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Essex Property as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ESS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST has improved earnings per share by 29.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $3.49 versus $2.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.58 versus $3.49).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 34.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $60.68 million to $81.84 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $200.61 million or 23.41% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.08%.
- 38.95% is the gross profit margin for ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, ESS's net profit margin of 24.46% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Essex Property Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.