- ATR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.6 million.
- ATR has traded 8,298 shares today.
- ATR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATR: AptarGroup, Inc. provides a range of packaging, dispensing, and sealing solutions, primarily for the beauty, personal care, home care, prescription drug, consumer health care, injectable, and food and beverage markets. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. ATR has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate AptarGroup a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for AptarGroup has been 241,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. AptarGroup has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 2.6% with 7.86 days to cover. Shares are up 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AptarGroup as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ATR's share price has jumped by 26.72%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ATR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.72, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, ATR has a quick ratio of 1.67, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 35.74% is the gross profit margin for APTARGROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.53% is above that of the industry average.
- APTARGROUP INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APTARGROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.11 versus $2.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.25 versus $3.11).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full AptarGroup Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.