- BSX has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.52 mentions/day.
- BSX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $197.7 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BSX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BSX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BSX: Boston Scientific Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets medical devices for use in various interventional medical specialties worldwide. It operates through three segments: Cardiovascular, Rhythm Management, and MedSurg. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Boston Scientific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Boston Scientific has been 10.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Boston Scientific has a market cap of $32.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 1.7% with 2.88 days to cover. Shares are up 28.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Boston Scientific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BSX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 34.68% over the past twelve months. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BSX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 20300.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.00 million to $202.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 158.88% to $116.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.43%.
- The gross profit margin for BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP is currently very high, coming in at 74.59%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.28% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Boston Scientific Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.