- HCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $154.2 million.
- HCA traded 11,703 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:23 AM.
- HCA is down 5.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCA: HCA Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides health care services in the United States. HCA has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate HCA Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for HCA Holdings has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCA has a market cap of $31.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.30 and a short float of 2.7% with 4.32 days to cover. Shares are up 17.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCA Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 24.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HCA HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.99 versus $4.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.52 versus $4.99).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,399.00 million or 37.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HCA HOLDINGS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 35.30%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 17.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $591.00 million to $694.00 million.
- HCA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 12.63% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.