- MPWR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.2 million.
- MPWR has traded 6,090 shares today.
- MPWR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MPWR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MPWR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MPWR: Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. designs, develops, and markets integrated power semiconductor solutions and power delivery architectures for communications, storage and computing, consumer, and industrial market segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. MPWR has a PE ratio of 75. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Monolithic Power Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Monolithic Power Systems has been 277,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Monolithic Power Systems has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.74 days to cover. Shares are up 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Monolithic Power Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MPWR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 14.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MPWR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.19, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 77.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.96 million to $10.58 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 84.10% to $28.87 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MONOLITHIC POWER SYSTEMS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -59.36%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 66.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 46.62% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Monolithic Power Systems Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.