- GEF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.8 million.
- GEF has traded 32.13430000000000319460013997741043567657470703125 options contracts today.
- GEF is making at least a new 3-day high.
- GEF has a PE ratio of 55.
- GEF is mentioned 1.23 times per day on StockTwits.
- GEF has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- GEF is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- GEF is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- GEF is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- GEF is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GEF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GEF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GEF: Greif, Inc. produces and sells industrial packaging products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. GEF has a PE ratio of 55. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Greif a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Greif has been 257,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Greif has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 2.3% with 10.94 days to cover. Shares are up 26.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Greif as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Containers & Packaging industry. The net income increased by 51.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.80 million to $31.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 151.19% to $83.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GREIF INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -65.85%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- GREIF INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GREIF INC reported lower earnings of $1.51 versus $1.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.30 versus $1.51).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Greif Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.