- IAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.8 million.
- IAG has traded 1.2 million shares today.
- IAG is trading at 2.05 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- IAG is trading at a new low 5.03% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IAG: IAMGOLD Corporation explores for, develops, and operates mining properties in North and South America, and West Africa. The company explores for gold, copper, zinc, and silver. Currently there are no analysts that rate Iamgold a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Iamgold has been 8.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Iamgold has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 235.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Iamgold as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, IAMGOLD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for IAMGOLD CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.95%. Regardless of IAG's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year.
- IAMGOLD CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IAMGOLD CORP reported poor results of -$2.04 versus -$0.71 in the prior year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, IAG has significantly outperformed against the industry average of 45.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.08, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Iamgold Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.