- CHT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.1 million.
- CHT has traded 6,036 shares today.
- CHT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHT: Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides telecommunication services primarily in Taiwan. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. CHT has a PE ratio of 221. The average volume for Chunghwa Telecom has been 276,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Chunghwa Telecom has a market cap of $29.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 24.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Chunghwa Telecom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CHUNGHWA TELECOM LTD has improved earnings per share by 9.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHUNGHWA TELECOM LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.68 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.77 versus $1.68).
- CHT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.27, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for CHUNGHWA TELECOM LTD is rather high; currently it is at 52.46%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.48% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry average. The net income increased by 8.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $333.50 million to $362.58 million.
- You can view the full Chunghwa Telecom Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.