- STI has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.42 mentions/day.
- STI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $202.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STI: SunTrust Banks, Inc. operates as the holding company for SunTrust Bank that provides various financial services for consumers, businesses, corporations, and institutions in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. STI has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate SunTrust Banks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for SunTrust Banks has been 4.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunTrust Banks has a market cap of $21.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.86 days to cover. Shares are up 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunTrust Banks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and attractive valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- STI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 4.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $429.00 million to $447.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for SUNTRUST BANKS INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.51%. Regardless of STI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.39% trails the industry average.
- SUNTRUST BANKS INC has improved earnings per share by 7.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNTRUST BANKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.58 versus $3.23 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2.4% in earnings ($3.50 versus $3.58).
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.