- GGAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.7 million.
- GGAL has traded 8,084 shares today.
- GGAL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GGAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GGAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GGAL: Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A., a financial services holding company, provides various financial products and services in Argentina. The company operates through Banking, Regional Credit Cards, CFA Personal Loans, Insurance, and Other Grupo Galicia Businesses segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. GGAL has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Grupo Financiero Galicia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Grupo Financiero Galicia has been 356,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Grupo Financiero Galicia has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 17.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Grupo Financiero Galicia as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GGAL's share price has jumped by 58.14%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GGAL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA SA's earnings per share declined by 15.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA SA reported lower earnings of $2.56 versus $3.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.94 versus $2.56).
- GGAL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA SA is rather high; currently it is at 51.07%. Regardless of GGAL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GGAL's net profit margin of 11.47% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, GRUPO FINANCIERO GALICIA SA's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Grupo Financiero Galicia Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.