- FBP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.4 million.
- FBP has traded 35.16420000000000101181285572238266468048095703125 options contracts today.
- FBP is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FBP has a PE ratio of 48.
- FBP is mentioned 0.94 times per day on StockTwits.
- FBP has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FBP is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FBP is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FBP is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FBP is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FBP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FBP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FBP: First BanCorp. operates as the bank holding company for FirstBank Puerto Rico that provides a range of financial products and services to retail, commercial, and institutional clients. FBP has a PE ratio of 48. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate First BanCorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for First BanCorp has been 733,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. First BanCorp has a market cap of $905.1 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 2.03 and a short float of 2.8% with 4.14 days to cover. Shares are up 34.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First BanCorp as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for FIRST BANCORP P R is currently very high, coming in at 71.39%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.14% trails the industry average.
- FBP, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income has decreased by 9.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $25.65 million to $23.34 million.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, FBP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.32% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FIRST BANCORP P R underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full First BanCorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.