- APOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.7 million.
- APOG has traded 56,320 shares today.
- APOG is trading at 5.34 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- APOG is trading at a new low 5.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APOG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APOG: Apogee Enterprises, Inc. designs and develops glass solutions for enclosing commercial buildings and framing art in the United States, Canada, and Brazil. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. APOG has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Apogee a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Apogee has been 266,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Apogee has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.55 and a short float of 12.9% with 10.89 days to cover. Shares are up 7.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apogee as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC has improved earnings per share by 48.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.23 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $2.23).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- APOG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Building Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, APOGEE ENTERPRISES INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Apogee Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.