- SFUN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.3 million.
- SFUN has traded 356,645 shares today.
- SFUN is trading at 2.12 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SFUN is trading at a new high 3.07% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SFUN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SFUN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SFUN: SouFun Holdings Limited operates a real estate Internet portal, and home furnishing and improvement Websites in the People's Republic of China. SFUN has a PE ratio of 501. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate SouFun Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for SouFun Holdings has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SouFun has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 29.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SouFun Holdings as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its robust revenue growth -- not just in the most recent periods but in previous quarters as well. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SFUN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 20.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 62.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.19 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, SFUN's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.03, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1964.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.11 million to -$113.85 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, SOUFUN HLDGS LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full SouFun Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.