- ANTH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.7 million.
- ANTH has traded 222,757 shares today.
- ANTH is trading at 6.69 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ANTH is trading at a new low 4.20% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANTH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANTH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANTH: Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of medicines for patients with unmet medical needs. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Anthera Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Anthera Pharmaceuticals has been 500,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anthera has a market cap of $138.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.84 and a short float of 11.4% with 6.03 days to cover. Shares are down 17.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anthera Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 53.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.66 million to -$11.73 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ANTHERA PHARMACEUTCLS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$10.70 million or 61.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Looking at the price performance of ANTH's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report: the stock is down 60.88%, and it has underformed the S&P 500 Index. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- ANTHERA PHARMACEUTCLS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANTHERA PHARMACEUTCLS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.00 versus -$1.36 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 23.0% in earnings (-$1.23 versus -$1.00).
- You can view the full Anthera Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.