- RSG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.6 million.
- RSG has traded 7,898 shares today.
- RSG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RSG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RSG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RSG: Republic Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling, and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers in the United States and Puerto Rico. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. RSG has a PE ratio of 25. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Republic Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Republic Services has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Republic Services has a market cap of $18.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 2.6% with 3.35 days to cover. Shares are up 18.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Republic Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RSG's share price has jumped by 30.87%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, RSG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.97, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that RSG's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.59, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- REPUBLIC SERVICES INC's earnings per share declined by 8.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REPUBLIC SERVICES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.13 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $2.13).
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.