- CHT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.3 million.
- CHT has traded 10,155 shares today.
- CHT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHT: Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides telecommunication services primarily in Taiwan. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. CHT has a PE ratio of 214. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Chunghwa Telecom a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Chunghwa Telecom has been 263,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Chunghwa Telecom has a market cap of $28.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 20.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Chunghwa Telecom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CHUNGHWA TELECOM LTD has improved earnings per share by 35.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHUNGHWA TELECOM LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.68 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.77 versus $1.68).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry average. The net income increased by 34.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $218.39 million to $294.13 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CHT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.07, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 45.96% is the gross profit margin for CHUNGHWA TELECOM LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.25% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Chunghwa Telecom Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.