- VTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $190.6 million.
- VTR traded 263,325 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:42 AM, representing 10% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VTR: Ventas, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm engages in investment, management, financing, and leasing of properties in the healthcare industry. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. VTR has a PE ratio of 55. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ventas a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ventas has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ventas has a market cap of $24.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.08 and a short float of 4.7% with 5.17 days to cover. Shares are up 29.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ventas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 23.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $120.44 million to $148.98 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 37.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.90% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- VENTAS INC has improved earnings per share by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VENTAS INC reported lower earnings of $1.23 versus $1.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.51 versus $1.23).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, VENTAS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.