- GPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.7 million.
- GPL has traded 796,199 shares today.
- GPL is trading at 3.08 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GPL is trading at a new high 6.40% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPL: Great Panther Silver Limited, a silver mining and exploration company, engages in the mining of mineral properties in Mexico. It explores for silver, gold, lead, and zinc. The company holds interests in the Topia Mine and Guanajuato Mine Complex properties. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Great Panther Silver a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Great Panther Silver has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Great Panther has a market cap of $247.1 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.45 and a short float of 0.4% with 0.73 days to cover. Shares are up 243.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Great Panther Silver as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 224.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.59 million to -$4.46 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.36 million or 80.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, GREAT PANTHER SILVER LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- GREAT PANTHER SILVER LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GREAT PANTHER SILVER LTD continued to lose money by earning -$0.05 versus -$0.24 in the prior year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, GPL has significantly outperformed against the industry average of 45.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Great Panther Silver Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.