- RIG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $211.1 million.
- RIG has traded 371,922 shares today.
- RIG is down 3.2% today.
- RIG was up 7.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RIG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RIG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RIG: Transocean Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells worldwide. The company primarily offers deepwater and harsh environment drilling services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. RIG has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Transocean a buy, 8 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Transocean has been 16.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Transocean has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 27.7% with 5.26 days to cover. Shares are down 4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Transocean as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RIG's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 26.25%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- TRANSOCEAN LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRANSOCEAN LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $2.14 versus -$5.25 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 70.3% in earnings ($0.64 versus $2.14).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 35.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 34.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, TRANSOCEAN LTD's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.