- CPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.2 million.
- CPT has traded 3,912 shares today.
- CPT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CPT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CPT: Camden Property Trust is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It is engaged in the ownership, development, acquisition, management, and disposition of multifamily residential apartment communities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. CPT has a PE ratio of 46. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Camden Property a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Camden Property has been 630,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Camden Property has a market cap of $7.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 6.9% with 7.11 days to cover. Shares are up 15.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Camden Property as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $96.51 million or 26.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.47%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.36%. Regardless of CPT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CPT's net profit margin of 18.87% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST reported lower earnings of $2.70 versus $3.26 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 28.5% in earnings ($1.93 versus $2.70).
- You can view the full Camden Property Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.