- POR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.8 million.
- POR has traded 7,010 shares today.
- POR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on POR: Portland General Electric Company, an integrated electric utility company, engages in the generation, wholesale purchase, transmission, distribution, and retail sale of electricity in the state of Oregon. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. POR has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Portland General Electric a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Portland General Electric has been 505,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Portland General Electric has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.36 and a short float of 2.9% with 4.29 days to cover. Shares are up 18.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Portland General Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.22% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, POR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 22.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $50.00 million to $61.00 million.
- 37.17% is the gross profit margin for PORTLAND GENERAL ELECTRIC CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.52% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $161.00 million or 20.14% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.57%.
- You can view the full Portland General Electric Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.