- PIR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.3 million.
- PIR has traded 81,951 shares today.
- PIR is up 3.1% today.
- PIR was down 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PIR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PIR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PIR: Pier 1 Imports, Inc. engages in the retail sale of decorative accessories, furniture, candles, housewares, gifts, and seasonal products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.2%. PIR has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Pier 1 Imports a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pier 1 Imports has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pier 1 Imports has a market cap of $455.7 million and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.68 and a short float of 21% with 2.75 days to cover. Shares are up 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pier 1 Imports as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $122.18 million or 9.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.85%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.71, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that PIR's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.56, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- PIER 1 IMPORTS INC/DE's earnings per share declined by 37.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PIER 1 IMPORTS INC/DE reported lower earnings of $0.48 versus $0.83 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.3% in earnings ($0.45 versus $0.48).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $33.09 million to $18.68 million.
- You can view the full Pier 1 Imports Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.