- MSEX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.3 million.
- MSEX has traded 25.134299999999999641886461176909506320953369140625 options contracts today.
- MSEX is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MSEX has a PE ratio of 34.
- MSEX is mentioned 1.65 times per day on StockTwits.
- MSEX has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MSEX is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MSEX is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MSEX is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MSEX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MSEX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MSEX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MSEX: Middlesex Water Company, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates regulated water utility and wastewater systems. The company operates in two segments, Regulated and Non-Regulated. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. MSEX has a PE ratio of 34. The average volume for Middlesex Water has been 95,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Middlesex Water has a market cap of $677.8 million and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 2.9% with 2.38 days to cover. Shares are up 59% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Middlesex Water as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 73.09% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MSEX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MIDDLESEX WATER CO has improved earnings per share by 31.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, MIDDLESEX WATER CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.22 versus $1.14 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Water Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 31.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.64 million to $4.79 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 37.41% is the gross profit margin for MIDDLESEX WATER CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.66% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Middlesex Water Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.