- BCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $94.0 million.
- BCR has traded 3,637 shares today.
- BCR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BCR: C. R. Bard, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. BCR has a PE ratio of 151. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate C.R. Bard a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for C.R. Bard has been 469,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. C.R. Bard has a market cap of $16.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.87 days to cover. Shares are up 20.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates C.R. Bard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BARD (C.R.) INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.30% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BCR's share price has jumped by 33.36%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- BARD (C.R.) INC's earnings per share declined by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BARD (C.R.) INC reported lower earnings of $1.71 versus $3.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.15 versus $1.71).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.14 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, BCR's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.03, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full C.R. Bard Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.