- XEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $162.7 million.
- XEL has traded 24,790 shares today.
- XEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XEL: Xcel Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages primarily in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. XEL has a PE ratio of 255. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Xcel Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Xcel Energy has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Xcel Energy has a market cap of $22.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.23 and a short float of 2.1% with 3.17 days to cover. Shares are up 21.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Xcel Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 56.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 58.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $152.07 million to $241.31 million.
- XCEL ENERGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XCEL ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $1.94 versus $2.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.20 versus $1.94).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, XCEL ENERGY INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.