- SKT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.6 million.
- SKT has traded 791,046 shares today.
- SKT traded in a range 201.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.04.
- SKT traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 506 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 506 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SKT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SKT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SKT: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets in United States. It focuses on developing, acquiring, owning, operating, and managing outlet shopping centers. Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. SKT has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Tanger Factory Outlet Centers a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tanger Factory Outlet Centers has been 737,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tanger Factory Outlet Centers has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 8.5% with 12.20 days to cover. Shares are up 17.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tanger Factory Outlet Centers as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, TANGER FACTORY OUTLET CTRS's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income has decreased by 21.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $34.51 million to $27.15 million.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $54.03 million or 0.65% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.