- MO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $399.0 million.
- MO has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- MO traded in a range 211.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.70.
- MO traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 528 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 528 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MO: Altria Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. MO has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Altria Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Altria Group has been 5.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Altria Group has a market cap of $129.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and tobacco industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 0.5% with 1.67 days to cover. Shares are up 13.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Altria Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ALTRIA GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 19.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALTRIA GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.68 versus $2.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.06 versus $2.68).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Tobacco industry average. The net income increased by 19.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,018.00 million to $1,217.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Tobacco industry and the overall market, ALTRIA GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ALTRIA GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.86% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.