- ROCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.9 million.
- ROCK has traded 31.8806000000000011596057447604835033416748046875 options contracts today.
- ROCK is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ROCK has a PE ratio of 42.
- ROCK is mentioned 0.94 times per day on StockTwits.
- ROCK has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ROCK is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ROCK is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ROCK is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ROCK is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROCK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROCK: Gibraltar Industries, Inc. manufactures and distributes building products in North America, Europe, and Asia. ROCK has a PE ratio of 42. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Gibraltar Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Gibraltar Industries has been 205,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Gibraltar has a market cap of $997.0 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 2.05 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.78 days to cover. Shares are up 25.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gibraltar Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ROCK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.39, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 50.16% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ROCK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES INC has improved earnings per share by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GIBRALTAR INDUSTRIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.75 versus -$2.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.37 versus $0.75).
- You can view the full Gibraltar Industries Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.